Kia Mākino Facilitator: Te mahi tahi me nga kōeke a Mākino ki te hapai ki te tautoko i te iwi kia angitū i roto i tona Ngāti Mākinotanga, e tu rangatira ai a Mākino. Kia here ai te taura aroha, ki nga uri ki nga hapū ki nga iwi huri ia Te Arawa huri te motu
Exciting Iwi role that utilises your Ngāti Mākino cultural expertise
E hara taku toa, I te toa taki tahi, Katahi ko taku toa he toa taki tini a Mākino. Toitu te mana, toitu te whenua, toitu te tangata, toitu te Mākinotanga
Ngāti Mākino determining our own future as a strong and vibrant Kaitiaki of our culture, our whanau, hapū, iwi, our land, and all our waterways.
Ngāti Mākino are seeking to fill a vacancy in our team to include an experienced facilitator who is:
- Fluent in te reo
- A practitioner of either karanga or whaikōrero on Ngāti Mākino Marae
- Committed to maintaining, upholding and growing understanding of Ngāti Mākino kawa and tikanga
- Confident to lead and plan wānanga
- Able to work with nga Kuia and Koroua of Ngāti Mākino
- Capable of proactive leadership in implementing the cultural revitalization strategy of Ngāti Mākino.
- Able to bring to life and connect the values of Ngāti Mākino Uri to inform the direction of the Iwi
You will join a small professional team in this exciting and challenging role. The successful candidate is expected to provide expert leadership across this area.
Experience & Knowledge
- Proven leadership experience at a senior level
- Leadership and management in iwi advancement
- Proven experience in leading and delivering wānanga
- Knowledge of Ngāti Mākino kawa and tikanga, korero tuku iho, pū rākau and taonga tuku iho.
Competencies & Skills
- Excellence in Te Reo Rangatira me ona tikanga
- A practitioner of karanga or whaikōrero
- An ability to whakamana ia Ngāti Mākino and work in collaboration with other hapū and Iwi in a way that positively contributes to the achievement of our strategic aspirations
- Project management and good execution capability
- Strategic and conceptual capability
- Has proven written and oral capability in both Te Reo and English
Reporting to the Ngāti Mākino Kaiwhakahaere Matua / General Manager, you will have proven technical skills, experience in iwi advancement and knowledge of Ngāti Mākino. You will have good written communication, computer and media skills. You will have the ability to identify and promote the best interests of Ngāti Mākino and work in collaboration with the Kaiwhakahaere Mātua, other team members, other Hapū and Iwi in a way that positively contributes to the achievement of our strategic aspirations.For all enquiries and a copy of the Job Description please email Cintina; email@example.com Applications Close 2pm Friday 17 January 2020 and must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and should be received no later than 2pm Friday 17 2020 with interviews scheduled for January 22 & 23 2020
Ehara taku toa, i te toa taki tahi, Kātahi ko taku toa he toa taki tini ā Mākino.
Toitū te mana, Toitū te whenua, Toitū te Tangata, Toi tū te Mākinotanga